Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend

On Saturday I went in to the clinic to work small animal. After we closed at 2, I hit the road for Julie's in NC to work Rae. Depending on how I go, it takes about 1:45 for me to get there. This was my first time visiting with Julie and Laura and I had a very nice time. I got to meet all of their fabulous dogs and see a few of them work. And we even went on a dog walk on the back 40...my first predominately border collie dog walk since getting down here! Finally! But it sure made me miss all the dogs back home, and their people, too :P

Sunday I dedicated to Ella, who got left behind on the trip to Julie's. We hiked on a section of the Trail that I haven't yet explored.
Starting point
Though this is at Gambetta Access, which is far enough outside of town as to not draw many casual trail-goers, we ran across many groups of bikers. I forgot that there is a big bicycle race coming up on the Trail; I guess people were out training. Aside from the occasional mob of cyclists, Ella and I had the countryside to ourselves.

Along the Trail, the banks are very steep and it drives Ella crazy to have to walk parallel to the creek without being able to get down into it. We eventually found this little spot where we could make our way down to the water.

Please?

Aaah, finally


On the way back, we had our first equine sighting. Ella was a little spooky at first, but when they were right beside us she relaxed and wanted to investigate them.

Young paint being broken for trail-riding

No comments:

Post a Comment