Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Bored

Ice everywhere. Been like this for the past week. It's treacherous just for the dogs to go out to the bathroom. Sheep are locked in the back field so that they have access to the barn, but I'd really like to get them out front where some of the field is bare and graze-able. Instead, they tip-toe to and from the round bale out back, nibble at the burn pile, and attempt to dig through the ice to get down to something edible. I tried to move them sans dog, verrry carefully across the ice and down the chute, but upon arrival at the entrance to the front field, I had bodies flying everywhere and panicked bleats for help; too steep, too slippery.
"Please help...can't walk!"

Bored.

Last year at this time we had a foot and a half of snow on the ground. Pretty sure I'd rather have snow than ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment